Do you want to help Griffith LSA provide important opportunities for students to be involved with other students, the profession, other law schools and legal competitions? We currently have an open vacancy on our Committee. If you’re interested in filling this position, please complete an application now!
Careers (Local Firms and In-house Lawyers) Officer
We’re looking for an enthusiastic student interested in furthering the careers portfolio’s objectives and helping their fellow students in aspects related to their graduate careers.
What you’ll be involved in includes—
- ensure the student body is aware of employment opportunities and career paths with local firms or as in-house lawyers;
- ensure the student body is aware of when there are opportunities to apply for positions with local firms or as in-house lawyers and provide information on how to apply for these roles;
- network with local firms and companies, and in-house counsel, with a view to creating further opportunities for the student body;
- add the contact details of alumni working at local firms or as in-house lawyers to the alumni database;
- research and prepare articles about careers with local firms or as in-house lawyers for the Careers Guide; and
- assist with events organised by the Vice-President.
To apply, please complete a nomination form and forward this to our secretary, Paris, at email@example.com.
Nominations close Tuesday 5 March at 10:00 am.
Please note this role will be heavily involved in creating our upcoming Careers Guide. You’ll need to be available in the near-term to undertake work on this to produce it within the coming weeks. Please indicate in your application if there will be any reason you can’t commit to working on this Guide immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using Google Chrome to fill the nomination form, you must save the file in a certain way for the information to be retained. Please view this guide for more information. Alternatively, save the file to your desktop and edit the PDF in Adobe Reader or Apple Preview.